Thursday, December 5, 2013

Beach Quilt

Beach Quilt for Becky


 So...my dear friend Becky turned 30 (last year)....I decided that should be celebrated with a quilt. 


 And not just ANY quilt; this quilt needed to be WONDERFUL! 


 I couldn't resist this Picnic Throw by Joel Dewberry (that man has talent!)
The size is just perfect and I had so much fun choosing fabrics.


I mixed and matched Amy Butler and Heather Bailey (two of my very favorites) and added a pinch of this color and a dash of that color and I couldn't be happier with the results!
 

For the backing I used a springy green sheet to highlight all that fancy topstitching!
 

I'm so blessed to have a friend that has seen my through my ups and downs for two many years to count.
 

She really deserves the very best.
 

To my now 31 year old beach-loving, never have too much of a good thing, full of life and love and happiness friend Becky...and the fantastic friendship that continues.

1 comment:

  1. You always pick the best fabric...is so bright and beautiful and spunky! :)

    ReplyDelete