Sunday, May 10, 2015

My mom is one who admittedly doesn't enjoy cooking, but we always had a stand mixer and maybe that was because it was something my mom always wanted, or maybe it was because her mom had one and that's just what you did...at any rate, we always had a stand mixer and all of the wonderful treats that came with it.  I took for granted that this was a stock kitchen item like a stove.  Mom made cookies, not from frozen dough or powder mix, FROM SCRATCH.  That's how we did almost everything.  Pizza dough was no exception.  So when a close friend told me in all her years she had never made dough from scratch, I was AMAZED!  I've been doing it as long as I can remember, and as so many great skills I must credit to my Mom, I took for granted that this happened in every home. 
Happy Mother's Day Mom, and thank you for giving me the blessing of a childhood full of lessons and knowledge I didn't even know I was absorbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment