Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice

We tried to keep most things in the nursery neutral...
But...
The bedding.  This bedding.  How could I resist that fabric?!
All the lovely colors, the flowers the patterns,
the bee skeps,
the bees.
I found it all irresistible.
 And so I decided to make not one, but two sets of baby bedding.
The fabric line is from this "Sweet as Honey" line.
I was slightly disappointed when it showed up at my house a little brighter than I had expected.  Well, maybe I cried.  Alot.  But I'm chalking that up to the baby I have swimming around in this ever growing tummy.
I was able to bleach the pumpkin orange
to a lighter, more light peach shade,
and all was right in the world again.
I had lots of help from pinterest.  Oh that pinterest; SO many ideas! So little time. 
I was able to find tutorials for the crib sheets,
and even the changing pad cover.
Thank you Sarah for this chubby little bee!
I did improvise on the crib pads, but with all the straight lines and simplicity of a large rectangle sleeve with ties was really no amazing feat.
(Years ago a family friend gave me the changing pads that were stuffed inside the cover I created.)
I am so very pleased with how it all came together for the girly bedding set!

No comments:

Post a Comment